Eating a well-balanced diet is necessary for health, functionality, and the ability to remain at home in the community. For older adults, good nutrition can help maintain physical and immune function, prevent and manage chronic disease, support mental wellbeing and recovery from ill-health. As part of the Cass County COA’s mission to provide services and programs to assist individuals to age and live well with dignity and independence, we provide a number of options to help older adults get the meals and nourishment they need.
CONGREGATE MEALS / SNS MENU (Main Entree)
Congregate meals offer an opportunity to meet new or old friends and engage in social activities while having a nutritious meal. Daily special menus are developed in collaboration with Senior Nutrition Services and are based on USDA recommendations for senior nutrition.
- Free* for Cass County residents that are 60 and older (a $3.00 donation is suggested for those who are able)
- $4.00 for out-of-county seniors
- $6.00 for people under 60
* Free price is for Cass County residents that are 60 or older and will fill out a NAPIS / Nutrition Registration Form for nutrition reporting to the State of Michigan.
ALA CARTE MENU (Cafe Entree and Cafe Fresh Salad)
Chef Kevin and the team in the kitchen prepare special meals each day, including sandwiches, salad, and soups.
- usually between $3-$7, depending on what you select
MEALS ON WHEELS
If you are not able to visit the COA facilities in Cassopolis and Dowagiac to get your lunch, you can have nutritionally-balanced hot meals delivered to your home by COA employees and volunteers.
- $4.00 (meal) & $4.50 (meal + roll and milk)*
* $4.00 & $4.50 prices are for Cass County residents that are 60 or older and will fill out a NAPIS / Nutrition Registration Form for nutrition reporting to the State of Michigan.
How to Get: Call the Care Services Department at (269) 445-8110 to set up home delivery or email firstname.lastname@example.org