The Cass County COA believes that Sport and Fitness Activities are an important part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
The Cass County COA has outstanding fitness centers at both the Lowe Center in Cassopolis as well as Front Street Crossing in Dowagiac. Each center offers a variety of cardiovascular Fitness machines and weight training equipment. Each fitness center is led by trained instructors who can provide assistance and advice to help you get in shape and stay in shape.
FITNESS CENTER HOURS:
Fri. / 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sat. / 8 a.m. – Noon
FITNESS CENTER MEMBERSHIP:
Adults of any age can get healthy with our fitness memberships.
- 1 Year Membership: $140 for those 60+ / $165 for those younger than 60
- 3 Month Membership: $55 for 60+ / $65 for <60
- 1 Month Membership: $35 for 60+ / $45 for <60
- Walk-ins: $6 per person
- S.E.A.T. (Sit, Exercise And Tone) - This is a chair-based fitness class that focuses on maintaining flexibility and strength. It is great for anyone who has concerns about stability and balance. Instructor: Ky’sha Mitchell
- S.E.A.T. / Stretch Class - Designed for those with limited functional ability so that you exercise seated and around a chair. It will keep you moving, improve your fitness level, stretch your muscles and work on balance and range of motion to improve mobility.
- Senior Stretch - Stretch your way into a better you. Gain mobility, flexibility, and range of motion in this 45 minute class. Improve your posture, circulation, and balance all while relieving pain and stress.
- Tai Chi - Improve your posture, strength of hips, thighs and core with this gentle mind body exercise. Good for arthritis, blood pressure and sense of well-being. Instructor: Glenda Gibson
- Vim & Vigor Transitions - Start with an aerobic workout and end with a chair cool down and stretch. The focus is on heart-health, strength, flexibility and balance. Instructor: Ky’sha Mitchell
- Yoga - Yoga can be practiced to enhance overall health, to improve balance, to heal and prevent injuries, to strengthen muscles and to open the body for meditation. Instructors: Karen Sommers and Amy Crennell
- Zumba Gold - Join the ultimate DanceFitness Party that beats a boring old workout any day. If you like to dance or are just interested in achieving your health goals while having fun, then Zumba Gold is just for you. It is a low impact Latin dance based class geared toward achieving your fitness goals, gaining confidence, and improving balance and stability.
- Cardio Challenge - This class is low-impact with high-energy. You will challenge your entire body with a combination of cardio, strength training, and balance exercises. Mat exercises are also incorporated for a well-rounded workout.
Personal Training / Specialized Needs
For those who need assistance and a special program to use the Fitness Center, help is available. Trainers will help you design a program or work with one setup by your physician or physical therapist. Call ahead for more information and to set up a schedule.
If you need specialized attention, our fitness trainers can work with your physician’s recommendations and create a program just for you.