Cass County Senior Safety
Have safety concerns or questions? Need direction for legal issues? Want to help your older family member, friend, or neighbor but don’t know who to call? Help is one simple phone call away.
The Cass COA and the Cass County Sheriff’s Office have teamed together to create a network of resources to address the safety and security needs of older adults in our community.
This joint venture provides community members with swift, easy and comfortable access to all senior safety and security resources. It is our philosophy that a proactive approach through education decreases the number of reactive responses required by reducing victimization.
About Project Lifesaver
Project Lifesaver is offered to Cass County residents and designed to assist in tracking and locating people who are at risk for wandering.
Families and caregivers live with an enormous amount of stress, and the ability to quickly find loved ones should they wander from home brings a comfort that no other method can provide. And, because the search may be done so quickly, cost to the community is minimal.
The Project Lifesaver System uses a small radio transmitter worn by individuals enrolled in the program. The transmitter gives off a signal which can be tracked by trained law enforcement personnel using a mobile locater tracking device. With Project Lifesaver, a search may be successfully concluded in less than an hour, quickly returning a wandering loved one to the safety and comfort of home.
Project Lifesaver is a collaborative effort sponsored by the Cass County COA and the Cass County Sheriff’s Office.
- Elder Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation
- Consumer protection (scams, schemes, swindles, telemarketing fraud)
- Crime prevention
- Safety programs (home, weather, travel, and more)
- Community Emergency Response Team training
- Driver safety programs for older adults
- Burglar proof your home techniques
- Identity theft protection
- CSI for Adults
- Senior Safety Day
- Vulnerable Adult Network (Law enforcement, Prosecutor's Office, Woodlands, Adult Protective Services all working together to protect and help our seniors)
We are always interested in expanding programming to fit the needs of the community. Please share your thoughts with us as we continually strive to enhance security and a sense of well being for Cass County’s older adults.
- File of Life – a personal informational packet for emergency service providers.
Senior Safety Contact Information
Deputy MaKenzie Kreiner
Cass County Senior Safety Coordinator
(269) 445-8110 or (800) 323-0390